1) After blowing my hair out, I don't look bald! My length check will come either mid month or at the end of the month. But my hair has definitely grown a lot and I love my hair! But man, shrinkage is no joke!!!
2) Late night cooking experiment turned out...lucky? I cracked open an egg that had two yolks in it! That has never happened to me before. I had to look up the meaning of this. I got a lot of contradiction though. About half of what I read said that double yolked eggs were a sign of good luck. The other half said it was bad juju. So right now I am still waiting to see if this really means either one. A friend on twitter said it meant double chickens. She's hilarious, lol. But their sacrifice was duly noted and they tasted twice as good as the other things I made!!
3) This was the outcome of my late night cooking. Looks pretty good, eh? They were delicious and super easy to make. Look for a step by step recipe to come soon!
4) Deliciousness again!
5) Our cat...with his geico eyes. Although he has fresh, clean water, he still tries to drink out of the bathtub. I don't understand him....
6) There are a ton of tattoo parlours around town. Some of them have amazing artwork on their shop walls. This is a mural that was done on the outside of one. I cant remember the name of the shop but I pass it every single day. This is one of my favorite murals!
7) I have been putting in some serious work at the gym. I am definitely seeing results. Every time I see progress, that gives me motivation to keep going! Look, no more Oprah arms! Ive got muscles!
8) Healthy eating has really turned into a way of life for me and I am glad! Instead of snacking on chips or junk food, I have found tons of healthy alternatives, like Cauliflower. My mother in law makes the most amazing Cauliflower Stew, I have her recipe written down somewhere. But for now, this is my favorite preparation of Cauliflower. Seasoned, and baked in the oven! They were delicious! My kiddo ate about half of what I made!
9) Green smoothies have been of interest to me for a short while. I have heard nothing but great things about them, but for the life of me, I couldn't comprehend how. I just couldn't understand how it would taste great with raw veggies blended. But after making my own, I'm kicking myself in the pants for not doing it sooner. They taste amazing and they are so great for you!!! Anyone hesitant about trying them should just do it. You will NOT regret it!
10) top look at my blender before mixing things together. For my smoothies (for now) I am using Baby spinach, strawberries, banana, chia seeds, coconut milk and 5 Ice cubes. Turns out perfect every time!
11) My very first green smoothie with everything listed above, but instead of Coconut Milk, I used Almond Milk. yum!
12) Tofu logs! Well, I didn't want to call them strips, but they are basically strips of tofu breaded with self rising flour and a little bit of cornmeal. They were pretty great, especially with a spicy dipping sauce.
13) Broccoli with cheese, my tofu logs, and my homemade spicy dipping sauce. My son loves tofu, so he ate this up quick.
14) Memow being bored. lol no words really needed.
15) Homemade Broccoli cheddar soup. My son has a book called The Hungry Bunny. And in the book, the hungry bunny eats a lot and cooks a lot. Ever so often we will cook something that the hungry bunny made. This was one of those things! We have also made Yellow Corn on the Cob, and Brown Baked Potatoes. I'm just waiting for him to ask if we can make purple eggplant sandwiches, lol!
16) Being in the Halloween spirit, Ive been creative! Ive been drawing a bit! I know, I don't normally do that. I love drawing but its always hit or miss for me. Lately I have been on a bit of a roll though. Ive been drawing pretty good. Well better than normal I think is more accurate. I'm doing a whole series for Halloween. Here is my Vampire! She is far from finished.
17) My Zombie is my "baby" right now. I suck at anatomy. Like, I really suck at drawing anything that looks too realistic. Ive gone over this face several times in order to get it to look this way. I think it looks nice! But she needs hair. Also, you can see that I'm working on her riblets. Shes got a lot of work ahead of her too.
18) This one is one of my favorites. I love Ancient Egypt. I even had an Isis statue that I was able to keep for 10 years (sadly she was severely damaged when we moved to Texas). This one I started on a little while ago. I like her eyes and eyebrows. The smile I'm not quite sure about though. I like her having an expression on her face, but I'm not sure if her mouth looks right. So I will be tweaking that probably tomorrow. Once I get the sketches together I will go in and ink them all and then color them. I don't know the right way to color them though. They are drawn on plain paper, so I cant watercolor them. Maybe colored pencils? Anyone out there with knowledge, I need you!!!
I hope that everyone had as awesome of a week as I did! I hope you guys have a fantastic weekend as well!