With cold weather finally upon us (yep, its even cold here in Central Texas!!) nothing is better on a cold day than a bowl of soup. Especially Chunky Potato Soup! Check my ridiculously easy (and fast) recipe for a hearty Chunky Potato Soup to warm you up this winter!
- 4 or 5 Potatoes
- 1 White Onion
- 2-3 Celery Stalks
- 3 Chicken bullion cubes + (water to make a stock)
- 1 can of chopped carrots (I didn't have fresh carrots. But if you do, go for them first)
- All Purpose Flour
- 2 tbsp butter
- spices of your choice (I used sage, dried mustard, paprika, and Salt & Pepper)
- Whole Milk
- Shredded Mozzarella Cheese to top your soup!
1) Peel and cube potatoes and boil them in salted water for 10 minutes. Do not fully cook them yet!
2) In a sauce pan, boil 2-3 bullion cubes in water.
|my fav. bullion|
4) Chop your ribs of celery and toss them in with the onions.
5) once the onions and celery are somewhat soft, add your canned carrots. If using fresh carrots, put them in with the celery so they can soften. Now add more butter.
6) Get your flour ready. Spice your veggies as they soften.
7) Sprinkle in 2-3 tablespoons of flour to your veggies and mix together until everything is together and somewhat clumpy. Don't worry, next step we will fix this!
8) Remember your chicken bullion and water? make sure the bullion cubes are dissolved and pour into your veggies. mix a little bit.
9) Drain potatoes and add them to your mixture.
|taters boiling away|
11) get your milk and add in between 1/2 a cup to 1 full cup and stir. Don't worry if it seems too liquidy.
13) When your soup has reached your desired consistency, ladle it into a bowl and top with mozzarella cheese and EAT!
I hope you guys like this recipe! I'm experimenting with several different soup and stew recipes for the winter months, so ill be back soon with more!