Lets start with the nachos first, shall we? These are easy peezy and pretty fast:
1) Start with your favorite brand of corn tortillas
2) Grab about 3-5, depending on how many you'd like to make. Cut in half.
3) Now, just cut the halves in half!
4) Cut those halves in half (or you can skip this step if you want fatter chips)
5) Lay out evenly on a cookie sheet.
6) Drizzle each wedge with some Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
7) You'll have to flip them around in order to coat each wedge evenly.
8) Sprinkle with coarse salt. (Not pictured: I drizzled fresh Lime juice on my chips as well because I'm addicted to citrus)
9) Bake in a 350 degree oven between 15-20 minutes (I kept mine in for almost 20 minutes and they brown a little bit more than I would have liked)
10) All they need now is some cheese!
Moving on to mini corn dogs:
1) Mix all batter ingredients together (1/2c cornmeal, 1/2c All Purpose Flour, 1/8tsp salt, 2tsp white sugar, 1/2 tsp baking powder, 1/2 egg, 1/2c milk)
2) I like to put the batter in one of my son's cups. That makes it easier to dip!
3) get your hot dogs & bamboo skewers
4) Cut each hot dog in half, and cut each skewer in half, then pop the skewers into the hot dog halves!
5) Now for the fun stuff! Remember the cup? Dip your mini dogs in the cup to coat them evenly.
6) Make sure your oil is nice and hot. I didn't use enough oil nor do i have a deep fryer. But they still turned out good, even though they aren't the prettiest girl at the ball, haha!
7) Again, they aren't that pretty (this time) but they tasted delicious!
8) Nice yummy snack!!
9) Strawberries with freshly made whipped cream were a nice 'dessert' while watching Puss N Boots!