- Extra Firm Tofu
- soy sauce
- sesame oil
- lime juice
- brown sugar
- green onions
- zucchini (cucumber is a good substitute)
- spring roll wrappers
1) strain Tofu block and cut into slices (or wedges or strips).
2) Lay wedges/strips on a flat surface and Press firmly with paper towels to squeeze out the water. Flip each one over and press them again.
3) Combine garlic, sesame oil, lime juice, brown sugar & soy sauce and mix well. This will be your marinade as well as your dipping sauce.
4) Spread liberally on both sides, cover with plastic wrap and let it do its thing for at least 30 minutes.
**NOT PICTURED: pan fry your tofu until it is golden on each side***
5) Get your wrappers together and have a plate with warm water (You want to dip your wrappers in the warm water for 5 seconds).
6) You assemble your spring roll the same way you would assemble a burrito. For mine, I spread the wrapper on a flat surface, put lettuce on top, tofu, carrots, zucchini and then green onions. But you can assemble any way you like.
7) Carefully wrap your spring roll and try not to break the delicate rice paper (I broke a couple).
8) I also made pot stickers to go with these spring rolls, because I love pot stickers. You can serve with rice or anything you like really.
I hope you guys enjoyed this recipe, I'll be adding more recipes in the coming weeks!